Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's all I can do to keep waiting for you

So ever since my date to report to the MTC was verschoben, I mean postponed, I've had to find stuff to fill my time. You're probably thinking I'm a pro at this by now, seeing as I've blogged about a couple of boring summers and managed to not go completely insane. There is a profound difference in my situation this time. I have no transportation. Ok, I have a bike, but to bike here is to risk being ran over by cars going about 50 mph (80 kph). Nope, we don't do sidewalks or bike paths. Super lame. Not that I'd have anywhere to go. All my friends now live at least 100 miles (160 km) away. Most of them live a couple thousand miles away.

Mondays or Tuesdays I take my dad to work so I can use his truck to buy groceries for the week.
I make dinner for the family several times a week, depending on mom's school schedule.
I help my sister with her math homework.
Once I even swept the garage.

I feel like I'm in Freaky Friday or something. I've turned into a stay-at-home mom without having kids.
I still wonder what stay-at-home moms do all day. I've wondered for years... Let's not get off on that tangent.

When the sister missionaries need me, I go out with them. I've gone finding/tracting, helped with lessons... I even went to a baptism last week. Maybe I'll blog about that later.

I try to prepare for my mission. I'm supposed to read the lessons in the Preach My Gospel missionary manual. It's slow work though, because once you read a section, there are a billion Bible and Book of Mormon verses to read, sometimes even whole chapters. I'm almost done with the first lesson.

I tried to do some genealogy. Those ancestors are trying very hard to stay in their hiding places deep within old record books.

My mom had me borrow dad's truck one day and go job hunting. That was pretty fruitless and frustrating. I almost had an interview at Kroger last week. It was a group interview, and as I was introducing myself to everybody, I mentioned that I would be serving a mission soon. The hiring guy then asked how soon and how long etc. and then said I should just leave. There would be no point in hiring me because by the time they trained me, I'd be gone. I'm just wondering how much training it takes to put groceries in a bag.

Too bad there's nothing more interesting to say. 22 days! AGAIN.

17 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad we have more time to talk before you leave! I miss you :( Another Skype date soon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please! I was just thinking of you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great content! I found your blog on google and loved reading it greatly.

    latest jokes

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ! What a great content! I found your blog on google and loved reading it greatly. It is a great post indeed. Much obliged to you and good fortunes. keep sharing.
    jokes in hindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow ! What a great content! I found your blog on google and loved reading it greatly. It is a great post indeed. Much obliged to you and good fortunes. keep sharing.
    lws quotes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aiman Online Quran Learning Academy is an impressive online academy for teaching the Quran.
    This leading online Quran academy from
    Pakistan provides you an excellent chance to have one
    online Quran classes for kids with tajweed and learn
    the basic teachings of Islam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post... i always come for read your post because of your content. keep posting

    Best Inspirational Quotes ,

    Respect Women Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great post... i always come for read your post because of your content. keep posting
    mp3 english song downlode sites,
    best cricket pc games,
    Best App For Earn Money Online

    ReplyDelete